Ashantigold SC have swiftly reacted to debunk reports in the media that they have reached an agreement with their Asante Kotoko for transfer of midfielder Abdul Latif Anabila to the Kumasi based club.
It is of public knowledge, that the great midfielder has been a target for the two times Champions League champions, but officials of the Miners tell ghanasportspage.com, they have not reached an agreement with Kotoko for the transfer of the player.
Sections of the media circulated what they described as an “exclusive news” on Friday, that the former New Edubiase United star has completed a switch from the Obuasi Len Clay Stadium side Asahantigold SC to the Porcupine Warriors.
Speaking to ghanasportspage.com, Daniel Bioh, Communications Director of Ashantigold SC completely denied the news of his outfit having reached agreeemnt with Kotoko for Anabila, despite holding talks with them over the past weeks.
“There is no truth in the reports that we’ve reached an agreement with Kotoko on the said player”, Daniel Bioh told ghanasportspage.com. He continued; “Already we had received other offers for Anabila including an offer from Asante Kotoko. We had discussions with them for a number of times hoping to reach agreement before the GFA [transfer] closes. Afterwards we have had discussions for a while still we haven’t reached any agreement, I don’t know where the stories are coming from but Ashantigold and Kotoko haven’t reached any agreement”, Bioh clarified.
In his submission, Bioh insisted that Anabila still remains a player for Ashantigold and the club is hoping football resumes from the COVID-19 suspension sooner than later so he returns to the field with the Miners.
“He still remains part of our plans and we are hoping that if the league resumes he will play for Ashantigold”, he insisted.
According to Bioh, there are other unsubstantiated reports going round that the two clubs had discussions last Saturday over the transfer of Anabila, but the last time the two clubs engaged in official discussions for the transfer of the player is over two weeks ago, and no agreement was reached.
“Official talks took place between the two clubs about two weeks ago, since then there’s been talks on phone but reports that we met last Saturday to seal a deal for the transfer is not true. The last time we had official discussion about the transfer of the player is even past two weeks ago, so there is no truth in the agreement reports”, he concluded.