Continuation of the 31st day of the Premier League this Wednesday evening with the reception of a team in the shape of Crystal Palace by Liverpool, which sought to take one more step towards its 19th title of champion of England.
Without really forcing their talent, the men of Jurgen Klopp did the work and imposed themselves widely (4-0) against the Eagles without solution.
Trent Alexander-Arnold released the situation with a sublime free kick at the entrance to the penalty area Just before the break, Mohamed Salah took advantage of a good ball from Fabinho over the defense to deceive Hennessey and score his 17th goal of the season in the Premier League.
The Brazilian then sent a missile over 25 meters to widen the advantage of the Reds (55th mins) before Sadio Mane participated in the party in turn (69th) against one of his favorite victims across the Channel. Thanks to this success, the 23rd consecutive Anfield.
Liverpool is only two points from the crown of England, which has been fleeing them for 30 years. The Reds could be crowned on tonight (Thursday) should in case Manchester City fails to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge , if Manchester City does not win at , against Chelsea, Liverpool will be crown as champion of English Premier League Tonight.
FACTS (HEAD-TO-HEAD CHELSEA VRS MANCHESTER CITY BY BBC SPORTS TEAM)
- Manchester City have won five of the past seven meetings in all competitions, drawing one and losing one.
- Chelsea have only kept one clean sheet in the last 11 Premier League encounters.
- Chelsea have won three successive games in all competitions.
- They have only lost one of their past seven Premier League matches, winning three and drawing three.
- The Blues are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League home fixtures against the reigning champions.
- Olivier Giroud has scored in his last three Premier League starts against Manchester City,
- City have won six of their seven most recent matches in all competitions.
- They have lost two of their last four Premier League away games.
- City have won 18 of their past 20 midweek Premier League fixtures.
- Kevin de Bruyne has been involved in a Premier League-high 25 goals this season, with nine goals and 16 assists.
- Pep Guardiola has only won one of his five away games as a manager versus Chelsea, drawing one and losing three.