Five fixtures of the ongoing Ghana Premier League (GPL) have been postponed indefinitely to make way for the national elections slated for December 7, the Ghana Football Association has announced.
On December 7, 2020, Ghana will go to the polls to elect a new president and members of parliament, an exercise which will take at least 3 days to end in event of no run-off. In addition, Asante Kotoko and Ashanti Gold are involved in the 2020/2021 CAF inter club competitions with matches coming up within the same period. As a result, the GFA has announced a postponement of five (5) fixtures of the ongoing league indefinitely.
The games are as follows:
- Aduana Stars FC vs Accra Hearts of Oak – Week 1
- Accra Great Olympics FC vs Asante Kotoko SC – Week 3
- AshantiGold SC vs King Faisal FC – Week 3
- Medeama SC vs Asante Kotoko SC – Week 4
- Bechem United FC vs AshantiGold SC – Week 4
A new date will be communicated to all stakeholders in due course.