It’s that time again as the biggest game on the Ghanaian football calendar draws closer and closer.
Hearts of Oak host their arch-rivals Asante Kotoko at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday, June 27, match that many argues that it is the decider.
Both teams are on the same points,56, at the top of the table and a win for either side will most likely determine who walks away with the ultimate by the end of the season with three games left to play(excluding today’s).
Undoubtedly, the 2020/2021 campaign has been and exciting title race with the two most successful clubs in the league having a run in on each other in a neck to neck battle.
With the game set at 3PM kickoff time, here are 7 interesting statistics you would want to know.
- – Hearts of Oak are yet to concede in their last 7 home games in the league
- – Hearts’ Benjamin Afutu has scored in three straight home games in the league
- – Hearts’ head coach Samuel Boadu has never lost to Asante Kotoko in the GPL ( 3 Wins, 1 D)
- – Five penalties have been awarded in the last five Super Clash
- -Kotoko are unbeaten in their last 7 away games
- – Kotoko have won five of their last five away games against Hearts of Oak
- – Emmanuel Gyamfi has scored 5 goals in his last 6 games for Asante Kotoko