Black Galaxies coach, Annor Walker has named a 22-man squad for the 2023 CHAN qualifier play-off return leg against Nigeria on Saturday, 3rd September 2022.
The team eased past the Super Eagles B by two goals to nil in the first leg held in Cape Coast to enhance their chances of reaching the final competition in Algeria.
The Black Galaxies will hope to prevent a defeat in the next clash to complete a 100 per cent record for the qualifications having defeated Benin twice already. The 22 players, technical department, Management members and others will depart Ghana at 10:00 am on Friday, 2nd September with a charttered flight to Abuja.
Coach Annor after the first game wishes to maintain his 24-man squad to embark on a journey to Abuja but Legon Cities right back Michael Ampadu and Medeama SC central Back Vincent Atinga will not join the trip to Nigeria due to injuries they had during their pre-match games ahead of this return encounter. But Ghana FA could let them join the trip to watch the game, According to our close source.
The upcoming encounter will be played at the Moshood Abiola Sports Stadium where the Black Stars of Ghana twisted the Super Eagles to make it into the Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup.
Below is the full list of 22 players for the Saturday clash:
1. Abdulai Iddrisu – Bechem United
2.Danlad Ibrahim – Asante Kotoko
3. Stephen Kwaku – Great Olympics
4. Augustine Randolph – Karela United
5. Dennis Korsah – Hearts of Oak
6. Emmanuel Adu Siaw- FC Samartex
7. Konadu Yiadom – Hearts of Oak
8. Mohammed Alhassan – Hearts of Oak
9. Samuel Osei Kuffuor – Bechem United
10. Dominic Nsobila – Accra Lions
11.Henry Ansu-Berekum Chelsea
12. Kassim Razak- Great Olympics
13. Maxwell Arthur- Dreams FC
14. Suraj Seidu – Hearts of Oak
15. Gladson Awako – Hearts of Oak
16. Umar Bashiru-Karela United
17. Evans Osei Wusu-Tema Youth FC
18. Jonas Attuquaye – Legon Cities
19. Maxwell Abbey Quaye – Great Olympics
20. Daniel Afriyie Barnieh – Hearts of Oak
21. David Abagna- Real Tamale United
22. Agyenim Boateng-Medeama